For women seeking structure, guidance, education and support as they move into the likelihood … or, are currently navigating the nitty gritty of divorce, we invite you to join us for
A safe way to explore and come to understand what is possible for your life …
- As a mother
- As a (potentially) newly, independent woman
Time: Tuesdays, 12 – 1:30pm EST
Date: Class has begun! (Meeting twice a month from April 10 – June 19 2018)
All classes are recorded for participants, in case you miss one or wish to listen again to the content and stories.
Location: Your safe/private space (If you miss a class you can always listen to the recording)
Designed for: Women “planning” or women beginning the process of navigating divorce
Requirements: A telephone or laptop, a means to take notes, and a commitment to yourself
Annie’s Group * is a three-month educational program led by SAS Cofounder Liza Caldwell, providing a confidential overview of what a woman must know about divorce so she, by making healthy & informed decisions, lessens the impact on everybody. Each week will focus on a core theme followed by time dedicated to participants’ specific questions and challenges. At the same time, you will learn from the experiences and questions of other women.
To find out if this virtual online community of sisters is right for you, your needs, and where you are on your journey, schedule your quick, confidential chat with Liza. She’ll tell you the dates the next group will start.
Annie’s Group is about learning what is possible and also, how to make the big decision and all the little decisions along the way, wisely and with the greatest integrity.
For many participants, this is THE class they use to create their divorce strategy.
For others, it is the rope they stay tethered to as they navigate the everyday demands of divorce decision-making while also, building their best, new life.
- Understand what stage of divorce you are in, what is coming, and what you can and must not be doing now; this gives you perspective & improves clarity. You begin to get organized & prepared (for whether you choose to divorce or not)
- Become educated on what the best legal options are for you; and which ones to stay away from (BEFORE hiring an attorney)
- Learn how to interview/hire an attorney; the best questions to ask: and if you have one already, how to work most efficiently andcost effectively with him/her
- Discover the vital resource you need to help with your money no matter how much or little you have
- Manage and optimize your divorce support network so your better preserve and protect your brain … and heart
- Learn what you must know about your children’s journey and how best to ensure their healing
- Gain the tools to truly understand stress and what is happening to you emotionally; so you practice self-care and stop making decisions from that amped place
- Create your specific & personalized goals that are right for you and for the right reasons
- Secure traction toward those goals as you complete exercises & follow through with actionable-steps in homework assignments
- Be advised and supported no matter what road you take
“Since I did not choose to be separated I have felt powerless. I would recommend Annie’s Group, because it gave me a sense of “doing something”! It helped me realize I do have power in this situation and I can help myself.” ~ W.J., Portland, Oregon
“Annie’s Group gave an overwhelming situation a step by step, calm process to use.” ~ Elizabeth, Upstate New York
“The homework is very well structured and the suggested time-frames for speaking with our Partners are a stroke of genius.” ~ L.T., New York City
- You will gain connection to a female-centered community and its collective wisdom
- You will gain insight & private feedback on your financial situation from a certified divorce financial analyst (CDFA)
- For steps to overcome your specific challenges, you will receive a personalized, private, 30-minute session with coach and Annie’s Group leader, Liza Caldwell midway through the program
- You will be matched with a sister-participant if you wish, so you can mutually provide divorce support and help each other.
- You will feel less alone
“It’s helpful to know you are not alone, and to experience the process with the wisdom and support of a group of intelligent women all on the same path. There’s a comfort in strangers, that is simply not possible with friends and family who are not themselves divorcing.” ~ T.Y., New York City
“Annie’s Group helped me get my bearings. I felt more assured even 2/3 of the way through our class.” ~ L.T., New York City
Annie’s Group centers on content, connection and action — the right action you choose, with no pressure to do anything but learn what your choices are.
Because privacy is paramount you are welcome to participate using your first name only or a pseudonym. Immersed in an atmosphere of sisterhood and kindness, we will respect each other and hold a confidentiality agreement.
You will absolutely learn more about yourself … be holistically educated on the divorce process …. and experience a shift in your way of thinking about divorce and what is possible for you … or write to Liza at the end of class 6, and SAS will refund your money.
Due to the subject and the vulnerability of participants, we must protect the divorce support space and keep it limited.
“Annie’s Group offers a resource, a place to be free to ask whatever you want on a subject that NOBODY seems willing to discuss — especially if you can’t discuss your situation with your immediate family or friends. This is a subject often whispered about and people are left alone to navigate in the dark. I had NO FREAKING IDEA…no idea how to even get to step #1. Even worse, I had no idea what step #1 even WAS.” Annie’s Group gave “structure…a system of what comes first, what are the steps…” ~ Diana, New York City
To find out if Annie’s Group is right for you and you, right for Annie’s Group — schedule your quick, confidential chat with Liza.
As a leader, Liza stands out for “her sensitivity and support while maintaining focus. Wonderful.” ~ B.M., New York City
“Liza is direct and does not pull any punches, but is also very welcoming and inspires a sense of security and confidence.” ~ J.W., Portland, Oregon
Liza’s “voice is naturally soothing…makes it easy to listen. It was helpful to have examples from other people she’s counseled, or questions she asked of us to keep everyone moving forward.” ~ Diana, New York City
* Annie’s Group is named after Anne Clarke of the Massachusetts Bay Colony, who, on January 5, 1643, was granted the first recorded legal divorce in the American colonies by the Quarter Court of Boston.
If you feel you must do something, but taking a three-month class is just too much right now, we get it. Consider a baby step. Maybe register discreetly for our one-hour Master Class, How to Know IF Divorce is Right for You … And What You Must Know to Do It ? While not the deep dive Annie’s Group is, our Master Class is full of information, advice and helpful outside-of-class features. (Read what other women have said about the class when you visit the link)
Getting educated brings relief.