Travel for Divorced Women
Soul Therapy :: Africa in 2020
For divorced women who are eager to travel, we are planning our 2019 South African voyage.
With 8 courageous women in tow, we will embark on the trip of a lifetime to the other continent, one filled with history, struggle, and overcoming; one filled with the spirit of the unconquerable WOMAN
A:sam:be, ZULU for LET’s GO!
Will be that moment in time that defines us and, who we want to be. For Africa offers an unparalleled opportunity to discover we can take care of ourselves in all circumstances while affirming with no equivocations,
We CAN navigate OUR WORLD.
In this fully-inclusive adventure, you will experience history, culture, and nature; tastings, drink, and people — extraordinary locals — who will show you South Africa in all its variations of warmth, kinship and hospitality. You will experience yourself and what you are worthy of receiving and becoming.
For those wishing to extend their stay to a full 14 days, a safari in Kruger National Park rounds out your experience as you live in the bush and view Africa’s Big 5 beautiful and endangered species.
Here are the requirements: Willingness to rewrite your story, courageousness, well-adjusted & travel-ready, supportive of your sisters with a glowing sense of independence and adaptability. That said, you will never be on your own. Lastly, we seek women who are truly prepared. Prepared to be astounded, inspired, moved, and willing to meet your sisters & South Africa with an open heart and mind.
Here is your invitation: With only a few spots, we invite you to decide if this is for you. If so, schedule a a chat with SAS Cofounder Liza Caldwell. She will want to know what inspires and calls you to join us.
This trip is for women only and is fully-inclusive of flights, lodgings, events, tours and meals (with the exception of a couple dinners left open for your own dining discoveries) Click on the slider above to view the retreat's Cape Town accommodations.
THE 10 DAY ITINERARY WILL INCLUDE …
The Mother City: Cape Town
8 days/nights filled with …
- Vistas: Land, mountain, water — feel transported as you experience Cape Town and the city’s Must Do’: from the cable car to Table Mountain to the Red Bus Tour teaching you about the City and its complicated history. Visit District 6 Museum and Bo Kapp; the City Central and the V&A Waterfront.
- Daily Movement: Morning and afternoon programs communing with the Peninsula’s Natural Wonders … hiking treks, swimming in the coves, yoga en plein air. (Activities & yoga led by Mozambican-born, South African, yogi, lawyer & linguist, Carla Pinheiro.)
- Visit Robben Island (the 18-year prison “home of Nelson Mandela) and throughout your journey, be inspired by South Africa’s struggle for freedom and the incredible human story of Nelson Mandela. Listen now to stirring life lessons Mandela shares, and reflect on your life and the opportunity that struggle is for transformation.
- Tastings: Savor a full day tour and lunch at celebrated vineyard in Groot Constantia with Afrikaners Ilse Taylor and Kobus van den Berg.
- Community: Meet & connect with other inspiring women as you discover Africa and momentous things about you! Regroup each evening for fireside rituals & debriefs with empowerment coach and SAS for Women Cofounder, Liza Caldwell
- Celebration: Meals and Braai highlighting South African history and cuisine. Learn how to make Rusks(a traditional Afrikaner breakfast biscuit); Pap, a traditional polenta, and enjoy the prep and bounty of a traditional barbeque with Afrikaner Kobus van den Berg.
- Expression: Become part of the Capetonian vibe and beat in an African drumming session in the City Central; be immersed with your sister-travelers in a Pranayama & Mandala drawing experience.
- Surprises: Be amazed and shaken by powerful, guest speakers.
- Freedom: Enjoy unstructured time to explore the streets, markets, beaches and cafes; the ability to opt out of any activity for something you want to do.
- Live life with the Locals: Residing in the Gardens of Cape Town, you’ll be hosted by Afrikaner Ilse Taylor. A former public defender in the South African judicial system, Isle’s greatest joy is sharing the South African way of living. Daily breakfasts, lunch makings, drink, wine, and housekeeping included.
- Click on slider above to view Cape Town accommodations.
Johannesburg (2 Nights)
- Fly from Cape Town to Joburg and that afternoon, experience the powerful and moving Apartheid Museum. Dinner shared that evening.
- Following day, visit and learn the history behind Soweto with South African, Aldrin October; visit Nelson Mandela’s house and view Archbishop Desmond Tutu’s. Enjoy lunch in Soweto and visit an organization promoting opportunity and access to South African youth. Dinner.
- Breakfast and depart for return to US.
Safari: For those wishing to extend their stay to a full 14 days …
- Carry on 4 more nights, experiencing the awe and intimacy of the bush, see the Big Game in Kruger National Park.
- Fly from Jo’burg to Hoedspruit and spend next 4 nights at camp tracking and spotting the Big 5.
- Return from Hoedspruit to Joburg and travel home to the US.
What’s included: All inclusive except for some meals (giving you the freedom to explore & visit other endroits.). Round trip flights; intra-South Africa flights; 8 nights’ accommodations in Cape Town (click on slider to view accommodations); ground transportation; hotel porterage (they’ll take care of your bags); Cape Town Red Bus, Robben Island & Cable Car fees; vineyard visits & tastings & lunch; daily breakfasts, lunch makings, 3 dinners; 1 bbq. 2 nights in Jo’burg, 2 breakfasts, 2 dinners, 1 lunch, sightseeing and entrance fees per itinerary; guide services; taxes and fees.